Monday, December 1, 2008

Busy weekend!

I know I promised to prove to you that I have been working, not just playing! Well I've been working so hard that I haven't had time to blog, plus does anyone read this anyway? Oh well even if it's not being read I'm having fun blogging!

So over the holiday weekend I had a BLAST!! I think this was one of my best holiday weekends in a long time.

My busy weekend began Thursday around noon. I grabbed my bag and headed to a friends house to photograph their family. I'm lucky to be able to call J and N friends and also blessed to have A and S as part of my daycare clan. Here are a few from their fun filled session!






When I finished with the N family I headed home to enjoy some home made Chicken and Noodles. A couple times a year we are lucky enough to have Tim make us home made Chicken and Noodles. This year he offered to make them for Thanksgiving dinner and we didn't decline!
After filling our bellies and taking a wonderful nap with Gracie we had some other family friends over for more Chicken and Noodles then went to bed.

Friday the alarm clock came ringing way to early in the morning. I got up, showered, and loaded the van to continue my crazy hectic weekend.

On Friday I tried my hand at my first Portrait Party. If I do say so myself it was a GREAT success! We had a blast, I got to try out my new muslin backgrounds, and we ended up with some awesome images. We started out with the "L" family, and I enjoyed their son "N"'s great sense of humor and spunk! Next we continued with the B girls suprise pictures for their moms Christmas...SHHH it's a secret! Then on with their individual families. Here are a few of my favorites!


Isn't this muslin a beautiful background? I am in love!

The "B" fam at their best!

One of the only beautiful smiles we could pry out of poor "K" that day!


The "Surprise"


The "L" family!!


Saturday morning began the same as Friday. We had a family that was unable to make it to the Portrait Party on Friday so I squeezed them in Saturday morning, and boy am I glad I did. I had such a good time. It had begun to drizzle and was freezing but we all stuck it out and got some great images! Here is the "F" fam!




Saturday afternoon, I braved the weather again to be a part of the D family pictures. I was super excited to be a part of their portraits and love how they turned out! It was well worth the frozen toes!



Then Sunday came. I didn't have anything scheduled until the afternoon but didn't get to sleep in either. Gracie woke me up at 7 and we took a bath, ate some cinnamon rolls, and I got her ready for Church. When we woke up I looked outside and it was snowing! I thought OH NO!! I was scheduled to do the S family outdoors and it didn't look like it would happen. After a quick phone call we decided we could try to fit the family of 15 inside on my new muslin backdrop. I made myself sick, I had never tried to fit that many people on a backdrop and get the lighted evenly, but I did it! I'm please with the results and hope that the S fam enjoys their portraits!








So as you can see, I have been a busy little bee! If you would like to see more images from these sessions, please feel free to enter the clients site, through my website, register, log in and you can view the remaining pictures.

I hope each of you filled your bellies to the max, and enjoyed your company over the holiday weekend!!

1 comment:

1stLite Fine Art Portraits said...

Yeah, I would definitely call that BUSY! You did a wonderful job but on the big family on the bg WOW - would never imagine that was your first go of it!
Keep up the good work!