Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Iowa Continuted...

So yesterday I posted about our awesome McD's experience! Today I'm going to post about the well um...not so good experience at the salon!

Wendi rounded up two lovely ladies to model for us on Saturday so we could go out and about in the town of Burlington, IA and "shoot" some brides! She arranged to have their hair and make-up professionally done and we were stoked!

So Saturday morning we pry ourselves out of bed after one very long night of "a shot in the dark" where we tried our hand at off camera flash in Wendi's backyard until all hours of the night, or should I say morning! Anyway....we get to the salon, explain to the stylist how we want Trisha's hair done and after about an hour she has the curls FINALLY set and has Trisha go relax while the product sets in hopes to hold the "continuous wave" that we asked for. The stylist then does the other "bride's" hair and has Tricia come back over to put her hair up. Wendi looks over and FREAKS out, the stylist is now BRUSHING OUT the curl. To say the least it was the most horrid salon experience I had ever had and I thought Wendi was going to loose it.

Thankfully the rest of the day, although we started late, turned out not so bad. Here are a few of my favs from the day!

I'll apologize that these are backwards (end of day to beginning)!!

The things we do to get a shot. I swear there were people following us thinking what in the world are those crazy people doing! We had several people stop and ask when the wedding was!

Here is Kim in a "gotta get the shot" position!

What happens when you get a few crazy fearless photographers together and they find an empty run down building? They climb, yes I said climb, on in and start playing! Here are a few shots of Kim and I practicing that off camera flash we stayed up until all hours of the night practicing!





This is one of the reasons we photographers have to beg women to dress up in wedding dresses and go out to play with us! There is no way we could get a bride to lay in the middle of a parking lot on her wedding day!


Thankfully Trisha didn't look at me like I was nuts when I saw an empty (yes it was empty) beer can rolling around and asked her to hold it!



Here is Trisha strutting her stuff for Wendi. Just after this a guy pulled up in a Corvette and I wanted sooooo badly to ask him if we could take pictures on his car but I refrained we were already getting some strange looks!


Look! I learned how to expose the sky!!

Here is a shot of Kim and Wendi getting...up close...and personal!!

What do photographers do when they are scared of heights but have to climb to get that beloved shot? They climb, don't look down, then seriously crawl down while keeping a death grip on the stairs!

While staying up WAY to late Friday night I saw a picture of a bride walking a dog and decided we had to try it. Well we tried with Wendi's Great Dane and Dauschand (I can't spell that). It didn't work like we wanted but here is a picture of Trisha anyway!

This is Wendi posing for the camera! She's such a ham! Notice she's still playful and happy? This was way before the chick messed up Trisha's hair!

And here is Trisha sitting and letting the product take hold before the psycho stylist went and COMBED IT OUT!! Geesh


Ok since I started this post.....oh about 5 hours ago and it is well after midnight I better post it and get to bed!

Check back tomorrow I'll post some images of my last day in Burlington! Then I'll update you all on what I've been doing since I've been home!!

Until then, I hope you all are getting much more sleep than I am right now!!

~ D

No comments: