Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One more Iowa post...

Ok guys one more Iowa post and then I'll get back to business! I can't help it I just had way to much fun.

My last day in Burlington included an Engagement Session with a wonderful couple that Wendi will be photographing in June. Adam, Megan & Rosco met us down by the river for a little fun.



This is the gorgeous bridge in Burlington. I have seen it in many of Wendi's images but pictures honestly do not do it justice. It is absolutely beautiful.


After playing by the river Wendi took her clients to "Snake Alley." Here is how I found out about Snake Alley....The day after I arrived in Burlington Wendi's mom came to town to spend the day. As we were talking her mom mentioned that she should take me to Snake Alley. I had NO idea what Snake Alley was. Being from Southeast Kansas I assumed it was some run down dirt road or something. So on Sunday we head to Snake Alley with her clients. We pull up on a museum and I'm thinking ok where is Snake Alley. Snake Alley is a road, I was right about that, but it's a brick road that curves like a snake (hence the name). Here is a picture out of the window of Wendi's Equinox as we start driving down Snake Alley. And following it are pictures of another need place, Cobblestone Alley, of course made out of cobblestones!





So that wraps up my Iowa trip....oh wait no it doesn't...lol

So I fly from Kansas City right into Burlington, IA. For those of you in my area Burlinton's airport is just like Joplin. So I flew on a little puddle jumper plane. On the way up it was pouring down rain and I was sure my flight was going to be delayed. Thankfully the private jet I flew on (I was the only one on the plane) flew without a hitch. So Sunday I get ready to come home, the sky is clear, but it's windy. Get through "security" LOL and I'm sitting waiting for the plane to arrive and they tell us (me and another lady) that it will be delayed 45 minutes. So I chuckle and go on with the day. Plane shows up 45 minutes later, we head to KC and try to land...can't land it's to windy....LOL I finally arrived in Kansas City 2 hours later than I was suppose to. I laughed the whole time.

So that finally wraps up my trip to the great state of Iowa. It was a blast, Wendi, Kim and Devan were a blast, and I can't wait to go back!

Check back tomorrow....hopefully....I'll get back to business and prove to you all that I really have been working lately!!

~D